Sex determination is the horrific practice of determining a foetus’ sex before it’s born. It’s a practice quite common in India because of the desire for a male child. For more information please see: http://health.india.com/topics/female-infanticide/
- Nirmalya Dutta
June 27, 2012 at 09:30am
Although we're waiting for the results of the sex determination test that'll determine Pinki Pramanik’s gender, gynaecologists of are of the
Ask an expert
- Has Shah Rukh Khan broken the law by pre-determining the sex of his third child through surrogacy?
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan is in trouble with the Indian Radiological and Imaging Associations who’ve raised questions about the actor’s
- 11 docs suspended for prenatal sex determination
11 doctors across the state have been suspended by the Maharashtra Medical Council (MMC) for violating the Pre-Conception and Pre-Natal Diagnostic
- SC blasts states over sex determination, female foeticide
Expressing its concern over the deteriorating sex ratio, the Supreme Court on Tuesday chided state governments over their failure to check sex
- Pinki Pramanik is male!
Athlete Pinki Pramanik’s medical report has finally answered that the athlete is definitely male. This has led to the police submitting a
- Are testosterone injections responsible for Pinki’s male-like characteristics?
The former gold medallist blamed testosterone injections - reportedly administered to her to improve athletic performance - were responsible for her
- Satyamev Jayate Impact: Centre frames more stringent rules for ultrasound clinics
The central government has hiked the registration rates for ultrasound centres from Rs 3,000 to Rs 25,000 and from Rs 4,000 to Rs 35,000. The Indian
- Pinki’s partner says she falsely accused her of rape!
Pinki Pramanik’s former live-in partner took a complete U-turn on Friday saying that she had falsely accused Pinki at the behest of Avtar Singh,
- Pinki Pramanik’s gender? She’s almost male!
Pinki Pramanik’s medical report has indicated that former athlete’s gender leans towards the male sex and has predominantly male features.