Ask an expert
- Exercise helps rescue mutated neural stem cells
Washington (ANI): A new study has found that CHD7 mutant neurons (a mutation in a gene) were fully rescued after a running exercise. The study also
- Flip flopping brain cell discovery might hold key to Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s
A new discovery shows that flip flopping brain cells or converting one type into another may now be possible, which could pave the way for improved
- Type 2 diabetes linked to the brain?
Type 2 diabetes, a lifelong chronic disease, has a neural connection with the human body, according to a study conducted by genomic scientist and
- Empathy can fool the smartest of brains
Empathy can trick the smartest of brains into being fooled by a swindler, says a new US research. The network of neurons (nerve cells) that allows us
- Even moderate drinking can damage your brain cells!
A couple of glasses of wine daily may be a good way to promote cardiovascular and brain health, but it also comes with a hidden risk - lowering brain
- Why depression hits women after childbirth?
Women may be hit with depression after childbirth due to chronic stress during pregnancy that negates benefits that the brain bestows on mothers, a
- Is our brain always working?
Researchers have discovered that the brain behaves as if it is remembering something, even under anaesthesia. They measured during sleep the
- Could specific cells be converted into neurons?
A discovery may enable scientists to convert specific cells into neurons or brain cells, opening the way to substantially better therapies for