- Pavitra Sampath
December 31, 2012 at 12:42pm
Ace cricketer Yuvraj Singh’s battle with cancer has been the highlight of 2012. The Cricket star known for his flamboyance and his legendary six
Ask an expert
- Pollution in the house causes twice the number of deaths as outdoor air pollution!
Quitting smoking may not be enough to improve your lung function if your cooking fuel is not clean and ventilation in the kitchen is not proper,
- Scientists figure out how to 3D technique to regenerate lungs from human stem cells
In a ground-breaking discovery, scientists have created 3D techniques that can regenerate lungs from human stem cells. Daniel Weiss, a professor of
- Our lungs can smell that cigarette too!
Our nose is not the only organ in the body that can smell the coffee or cigarette smoke in the air. Our lungs can do this too! Scientists have
- 2 kids get fresh lease of life after rare surgery of collapsed lungs
A team of doctors from the Civil Hospital carried out a rare laser ablation surgery on two children, who suffered from partial lung collapse. The
- Could stem cells be used to create new lungs?
Scientists have succeeded in transforming human stem cells into functional lung and airway cells, thus giving way to the possibility of generating
- Substance found in turmeric protects premature infants’ lungs
Washington (ANI): A new study led by an Indian researcher has found that a substance in turmeric, curcumin, may provide lasting protection against
- Lung-on-chip: A new disease-testing model?
In a breakthrough research, US scientists at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard University have shown that their
- Rare lung transplant saves the life of 34 year old
A rare lung transplant, the third of its kind was performed in a Secunderabad based hospital.Surgeons at the Yashodhara Hospital operated on the