Ask an expert
- Gut bacteria linked to colorectal cancer
Researchers have discovered that colorectal cancer patients had fewer beneficial bacteria and more harmful bacteria than people without the
- Bacteria could inactivate cardiac drugs: Scientists
Scientists have shed light on the mechanism through which certain gut microbes inactivate cardiac drugs, says a study. In a paper published in
- Gut bugs inhibited by cholesterol
It has long been known that bugs that colonise the gastrointestinal tract of mammals influence their host's cholesterol metabolism. Now, changes in
- Type-2 diabetes – intestinal bacteria to blame!
According to scientists, your gut bugs can reveal whether you are suffering from the Type-2 diabetes. They fear that many could be suffering from
- Digestive problems? Eat some pistachios!
Eating pistachio nuts may help the growth of potentially beneficial gut bugs and promote digestive health, says a new study. Pistachios are also an