Congenital Heart disease
- Pavitra Sampath
December 16, 2013 at 02:27pm
Congenital heart disease is a condition that affects 4 children out of 1000 births in India. Learn more about the disease.
- Dr Leena Deshpande
September 11, 2013 at 11:17am
Can a heart problem in the neonatal phase affect a child's development?
Ask an expert
- Over 1.5 lakh infants are born with a birth defect in their heart every year in India
About 78,000 infants born with congenital heart disease in India die every year because of inadequate health care facilities in the country, experts
- Assam to offer heart treatment to 619 ailing kids
The Assam government will treat, free of cost, 619 children with congenital heart defect (CHD), at Kolkata and Bangalore in the next four months,
- Free paediatric cardiac surgeries in West Bengal
In a major boost to child health care in West Bengal, the state government has joined hands with three private hospitals to provide free paediatric
- Found – the gene responsible for congenital heart diseases in newborns!
Scientists have recently discovered a new gene which is believed to be linked to the congenital heart disease in new born babies, a common more
- Salman Khan’s Being Human to help kids with congenital heart diseases
Recently, Bollywood star Salman Khan was in Gurgaon to launch the Little Hearts Program by Fortis Memorial Research Institute, a charitable