UTI spoiling your fun in bed? Help has finally arrived!
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is a condition that affects a large number of women. In fact physicians say that it is the second highest reason for patients to visits. UTI is caused due to harmful bacteria entering the urethra. They adhere to the lining of the urinary tract and cause an infection. The common symptoms of UTI are:
- Burning while passing urine
- Frequent urination or the feeling that you have to pee.
- Itching or burning at the opening of the urethra.
- In severe cases there may also be blood in the urine passed.
Here are a few tips to deal with UTI:
- Drinking cranberry juice is a well known and natural way to both prevent and help a speedy recovery when UTI strikes. Just drinking 2 glasses of cranberry juice daily is often very helpful. Cranberry juice helps by preventing the harmful bacteria from adhering to the urethral walls.
- Another nutritional route that may help prevent UTI is regularly taking vitamin C supplements. Vitamin C increases the acidity level of urine, which in turn helps decrease the number of harmful bacteria that may be present in your urinary tract system
- A change in your position during sexual intercourse may help reduce the number of UTIs that you experience. Changing sexual positions may reduce friction on your urethra and reduce your risk of recurrent UTI. Women who suffer from extremely frequent urinary tract infections may be prescribed an antibiotic to take immediately after sex to help prevent the likelihood of urinary tract infection occurrence.
- Always wash your genital area both before and after sexual intercourse to help prevent transferring bacteria to the urethra or vaginal area, which can create a breeding ground for a UTI.
First Published: Jul 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM