May 31 is World No Tobacco Day
We must create awareness about the disastrous effects of tobacco consumption among the youths, says Bollywood singer Shaan, who launched the song “Life Se Panga Mat Le Yaar” to spread the anti-smoking message.
“We must create awareness about the disastrous effects of tobacco consumption, especially among the young generation of the nation,” said the singer who has associated himself with the Salaam Bombay Foundation to create awareness about ill effects of tobacco consumption.
“A word of awareness should be spread around in the best possible way to stop the consumption of tobacco by children and music is the only language that can reach all age groups… it has no barriers,” he added.
Last year, the ministry of health and family welfare appointed Shaan as the to_Life Se Panga Mat Le Yaar _ Official Video by Shaanbacco control ambassador of India.
The song will be aired on all major music channels Feb 2. The music stations are already airing it since Jan 28.
The 3.48-minute track has been sung and composed by Shaan and the lyrics are written by Rekha Nigam, who penned songs for films like “Parineeta” and “Laaga Chunari Mein Daag”.
The music video features Shaan singing and dancing with street kids to catchy and foot tapping beats of “Life Se Panga Mat Le Yaar”.
Read more about World No Tobacco Day:
- Quit smoking or die!
- Health benefits of quitting
- Did you know smoking can give you heart disease and strokes?
- 200,000 children die from passive smoking every year!
- WHO urges governments to watch out for tobacco industry interference
- Smoking okay on-screen, not in real life says Bollywood
- Heart attacks, cancer on the rise in young smokers
- Want to quit tobacco? Here’s a helpline to your rescue!
- Women and smoking
- Are tobacco-less e-cigarettes less harmful?
- 10 facts about passive smoking
Video and Photo Source: Artistsaloud