Whether we like it or not swine flu has reared its ugly head. Maharasthra, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Himachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka have all been visited by the disease. The health authorities and doctors are adamant that there is nothing to worry about and only high-risk individuals like people with low immunity or metabolic disorders or pregnant women need to watch out. Swine flu, also known as 2009 H1N1 type A influenza, is a human disease. People get the disease from other people, not from pigs. The disease got stuck with the name swine flu because it originally jumped from pigs to humans. The current ‘swine flu’ outbreak is different because it spreads from human to human. They are of the opinion that things will be under control and there won’t be a repeat of the 2009 pandemic scenario. Here is the latest on all things swine:
Swine flu articles:
- Is the government finally worried about swine flu?
- Swine Flu: All you need to know
- Swine flu vaccine can cause sleeping disorder in children
- Swine Flu India Update
Punjab Swine Flu updates
Maharasthra Swine Flu updates
- Mumbai Swine Flu Update
- Nagpur swine flu update
- Mumbai swine flu update: 4 month infant tests positive
- Elderly woman and infant succumb to virus in Pune
- Public health care centres to be equipped to handle swine flu screenings
- Maha govt sees no reason to panic about swine flu situation
- Pregnant woman succumbs to the virus in Mumbai
- Swine flu virus has not mutated: Health Ministry
- Does anyone know the Maharasthra swine flu helpline number?
- Repeat of 2009 swine flu pandemic unlikely
- Concession for swine flu victimis: Pune Municipal Corporation
- Nasovac vaccine for swine flu out of stock
- Why are the most number of swine flu cases from Pune?
Tamil Nadu Swine Flu updates
- Was the pvt hospital’s delayed treatment responsible for swine flu victim’s death?
- Did the 2nd swine flu casualty have swine flu?
- Tamil Nadu Swine Flu Update
- Dept of public health asks private hospitals to report all swine flu cases
- Chennai hospital hides swine flu case
- Karnataka Swine Flu Update
- 19 more test positive
- Why do private hospitals feel the need to hush up swine flu deaths?