Banana imparts its natural sweet taste and unique flavour that helps to cut down on the use of sugar or sugar substitute thereby making this recipe completely guilt-free. It is also a rich source of B vitamins, potassium and magnesium. Dark chocolate is filled with antioxidants and has been associated with lowering the risk of heart disease. Almonds are rich in iron, vitamin E, magnesium and fibre. Serve this to your health-conscious partner and gain some brownie points.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
Makes 4 pancakes
For the pancakes
- 1 banana, mashed
- Whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta) 4 tbsp
- Oil for cooking 1 tsp
To be mixed together for the stewed fruits
- Stewed Fruits 2 cups
- Low fat cream 1 tbsp
- Sugar substitute 1/2 tsp
- Dark Chocolate Sauce 1/2 recipe
For the garnish
- Almond (badam) slivers, roasted 1 tsp
For the pancakes
- Combine the banana and wheat flour in a bowl and mix well.
- Add approx. ¼ cup water to get a batter of coating consistency.
- Divide the batter into 4 equal portions.
- Heat a few drops of oil in a small pan and pour 1 portion of the batter on it.
- Spread it with the back of a round ladle to make a 100 mm (4″) diameter thick pancake.
- Cook the pancake till both sides are golden brown in colour.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 3 more pancakes. Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place 1 pancake in a serving dish.
- Put 1 tbsp stewed mixed fruits on it and fold the pancake over it to make a semi-circle.
- Serve hot topped with warm dark chocolate sauce and roasted almonds.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more pancakes.
Nutrient values per pancake
Here is the original recipe source: Banana pancakes with chocolate sauce by Tarla Dalal
First Published: Feb 13, 2013 at 3:22 PM