Want to serve your family something different yet nutritious this morning? Step away from the usual bread. Here is something new, a recipe made of whole wheat bread and curd packed with calcium, fiber and vitamins. Quick to make and delicious, this recipe is sure to become your family’s favourites soon.
Cooking Time :
10 slices whole wheat bread , cut into cubes
1 cup low fat curds (dahi)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
1 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
1 green chilli, slit
3 to 4 curry leaves (kadi patta)
1 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
1/4 cup onions, sliced
2 tsp oil
salt to taste
For the garnish
1/4 cup chopped coriander (dhania)
- In a bowl, combine the curds, turmeric powder and salt with 2 tablespoons of water and mix well.
- Add the cubes of bread and mix well till the bread is coated with the curd mixture.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the green chillies, curry leaves and ginger and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onion slices and sauté till they are lightly browned.
- Add the bread mixture and sauté over low heat, stirring occasionally till the bread browns lightly.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander.