Kapha is one of the three doshas in Ayurvedic medicine.
Physical characteristics of a person with Kapha Dosha:
• Gains weight easily. Loses weight with difficulty
• Short and stocky or tall and sturdy
• Hair, neck are all ‘thick’
• Abundant strength and stamina
• Weak digestion. Feels heavy after eating
• Regular bowel movements
• Oily skin. Smooth and pale
• Sleeps easily and soundly
• Catches cold easily
• Prefers hot weather
Psychological characteristics of a person with Kapha Dosha:
• Calm nature
• Prefers slow, relaxed lifestyle
• Not a very quick learner but excellent long term memory
• Sentimental. Often thinks of past
• Protective of self and family
• Lets negative emotions build up rather than addressing them
• Lets others take the lead
• Natural listener who many people confide in.
Suggested affirmations and practice
• Affirm “All that is there is the present moment alone”
• Practise meditation to become less emotional and detached.
• Make regular physical exertion part of your routine.
Source: Lifepositive.comFirst Published: Jun 4, 2012 at 3:07 PM