Home remedies for burns, especially those from boiling water and oil need to be administered quickly. Dr Uma Singh lists out some home remedies that provide relief.
1. Honey is a common home remedy used for burns and covering the burns with honey has been shown to produce less scarring. Raw honey has wonderful antiseptic and healing properties.
2. A wonderful and widely available household first-aid item for healing and soothing burns is diluted vinegar. Cover the burn area with a cloth soaked in diluted vinegar. Refresh the vinegar compress as often as needed, especially if the pain becomes stronger again.
3. The wonderful aloe vera plant is a top choice for healing and soothing burns. Directly apply aloe vera gel on the burn. Its soothing and rejuvenating properties will help cool the burned skin. Since the active ingredient (acemannen) breaks down quickly, fresh inner leaf fillets are much preferred. Fresh aloe vera quickly soothes painful burns and often heals even serious burns with little or no scarring.
4. Diluted lavender oil is also known to help reduce the pain. A combination of aloe vera gel, vitamin C, lavender oil and vitamin E can work as a good salve that can be applied through the day.
5. Sometimes, putting a banana peel on the burned area of the skin till it becomes black has proved beneficial for burn injuries. Yogurt also makes a person feel better but you should wait for at least 30 minutes before you apply this. Swabbing olive oil too brings relief.
These are simple tips for minor burns. If the burns are too severe, kindly consult a doctor.
For more interesting and natural beauty tips, watch our YouTube channel,Subscribe now!First Published: Mar 4, 2013 at 3:57 PM